Saturday, April 18, 2009

My 1st official blog entry!

I remember going over to some stranger's house to purchase a Humanities II text book and somehow hearing that her boyfriend was writing on something he was calling a blog. I thought that was the weirdest thing I'd ever heard of...I mean WHY would someone want to journal on the internet of all things??? Sad to say, but I thought the same thing about the internet when I opened my first email account in '95 which was done because it was a course requirement...now I don't think I could survive without the internet! Crazy, but true.

So....here I sit typing my first post on this strange thing called a
blog which I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. Tonight seemed like a good time to get started and so I did!

This was a wonderful day spent with friends and lots of creativity. I am very excited about a project that I was able to finish today, well almost finish, for 2 special pieces of wall art that are waiting for pictures of my children. I just need to take a couple good pictures AND get them printed to complete the project (this is the part where I procrastinate). A picture will hopefully come soon!


The frames for this project were purchased at the IKEA in Metz while searching for the perfect fabric to create curtains for the Girl Scout Hut. The material was found...all 28 meters....and still sits untouched mainly because I'm dreading measuring and cutting ALL of that fabric! The soon to be orange and blue curtains will look great in the Hut ....Goooooo Gators (that's for you Babe!). Yes, we did search another IKEA that was a little closer, however their selection was slim so why not go on a little road trip??

No comments: