Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunday drive......

If you were to visit our house on a typical Sunday morning you'd more than likely see my husband cooking something yummy for breakfast.....that is except for this past Sunday. Instead, we decided to load the kids up and venture out on the snow packed roads for a nice little drive to McDonalds! The kids think it is a special treat to get their favorite Sweet McGriddles (little pancakes) and the oh so popular McToast Schinken Kasse (ham and cheese in something like pita bread??)
Jacque needed a potty break while we were trying to quickly run some errands on post. He has decided that it is fun to check out every bathroom anywhere we stop!! Amazingly, the sun came out as we were waiting outside.....I don't remember when the sun has peaked out from behind the clouds this much!
This little river is on our way home......I think it looks so pretty with the snow!
The kids love to look for wild animals in this area. We see many deer, rams, and boars. They like to ride with the windows down in the summer and see who can spot the most animals. No windows were down today though!
A little further down the road are a few windmills.
Yes, that is the road we are traveling on. See those little markers sticking up on both sides of the road? These are used in place of the reflectors in on the center line of the roads. I've become very used to using these to guide where I'm driving at night....strange when I think about it, but it seems completely normal. Kind of like looking at the km on the speedometer instead of the mph. I thought I'd never be able to completely ignore the mph, but I can say it has somehow happened and I don't even notice it anymore.
...and one last windmill picture
The kids are hoping for a snow day real soon! Maybe tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Pam said...

What a beautiful drive! You are brave to drive on snowy roads - the thought of that terrifies me!

Laura lok said...

love that shot with the sun