Sunday, April 18, 2010

I love surprises!

My husband left for training almost 4 weeks ago just before our 11th anniversary which was April 8th. This is the 3rd anniversary IN A ROW that he has missed (2 while deployed to Iraq and now Grafenwoehr). I guess it comes with the territory:)

Anyway, he is very thoughtful and wanted to surprise me with a little gift while he was away that he knew I'd been wanting, but probably wouldn't just order myself (and he'd be right). He went to all the trouble of having someone else place the order so I wouldn't see the charges to our bank account or possibly pick it up from the post office before he could get there since I seem to be obsessive about checking the mail!

He is horrible about keeping gifts a secret so he was doing awesome so far because I had no idea. He had a plan to hide it and then send me on a little "treasure hunt" until........the package arrived! So, what does he do???

Gave it to me as soon as he gets home!!!
I love it!
He knew I had been checking out this French handmade rolling pin on Etsy. This was a real surprise because I didn't even think he knew what Etsy was...sorry Babe:)

I love you...you're the best!

3 comments:

Jacque said...

I didn't know what it was. I had to go into your internet history to get the site.

Pam said...

Awww....what a sweetie pie! Sorry you two can't be together on THE day though. Can't wait to see what you whip up with it!

Teena in Toronto said...

What a sweetie!

Happy blogoversary :)