Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Adventures in Barcelona......

**I was a bit bummed that I couldn't take my new camera. It seems that the charger was packed with the movers back in January! I ordered a replacement (almost a month ago) and it did NOT arrive in time so I had to take my little point and click....at least I have pictures!


We drove into Barcelona for our first trip into the city...yes, I said first and that was the last time we drove! It is CRAZY there. We were traveling with 3 cars and we ended up in 3 different parking garages. I call them parking garages loosely because the one I found felt like a small basement that held about 10 cars tops. I also had to leave the key in the car so they could shuffle it around. I did as they said...that's why I have rental insurance right??

We all decided to meet up at the Barcelona Cathedral. So, with GPS in hand we headed to the cathedral. On our way there we walked along an old Roman wall. The funny part is we couldn't find the cathedral and the GPS was saying we "reached our destination." We asked people and they chuckled and pointed which made no sense to us. As it turned out the cathedral was on the opposite side of the wall!!...why didn't they just say that instead of laughing???
Once we walked around the wall we found our destination.....
We found a yummy chocolate store just around the corner.....
Chocolate Easter Egg baskets...
Jacque drooling as everyone was buying their chocolate.....

2 comments:

Jacque said...

I wish I was there!!!

Jennifer said...

So do I babe!!!