Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yummy dinner...


I've been trying out some new recipes in the Pampered Chef Season's Best Cookbook S/S 09. This little book is packed with delicious appetizers, main dishes, and desserts...best part is it is only $1!! We really like the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and the Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes, but needed to try out some more of the main dishes. They are designed to take about 30 minutes and cost about $2 per serving. This dish is pictured on the cover of the catalog above.

So, tonight I made the Sweet & Sour Pineapple Stir-Fry and it was a HUGE hit! The sauce was so simple to make and kid approved delicious!

Ingredients:
1 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp cornstarch divided
2 C fresh sugar snap peas
1 medium pineapple (fresh is THE best)
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/3 C apricot preserves
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium red onion (I used a sweet onion)
cooked rice






...and our dinner before it was devoured!

3 comments:

Pam said...

YUM! I've printed that recipe and I"m going to give it a try - thanks!

Andrea said...

Is that the Mexican chicken lasagna that you made at CeCe's show? Can I get an e-mail with that? It was good. I'm not sure it will fit in my tiny microwave though.

Jennifer said...

No, but I will email you the lasagna recipe. You can bake it in the oven instead...won't fit in my microwave either!