Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I received a few adorable keepsakes that my daughters made at school. One of the gifts was a book titled "My Mom and Me." Here are a few quotes that I thought were just too sweet:

"I love my Mom because she loves me more than anything on Earth."

And this one made me laugh:
"My Mom's job is to do nothing."

I was reading this book out loud for the first time with my kids while I was on the phone with my husband. We laughed and then I heard the explanation. She thinks I do nothing because I don't go to a job everyday. I was a working mom until 3 years ago so she knows that I used to have a job as a teacher. Uhmmm.....we had a little talk!

Here are some tomatoes we picked from our little terrace garden.


Here is the plant after we picked the tomatoes. I also have some Beefsteak plants, but no tomatoes yet!


The kids were VERY excited to see that we have teeny tiny strawberries growing. Here are some of them. There are many more on the other plants and lots of blooms too. Can't wait to pick them!!


I also received some much needed flowers today from my friend Andrea. She is so thoughtful and considerate. They brightened my day!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey, Jennifer! You won my Mother's Day drawing! I have been trying to find an email address for you and I got to a pampered chef one so I left a message there!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad that you had a great day! You are one of my favorite moms!

Jacque said...

Hey Babe, I can't wait to come home and see what you have done. I know everyday is harder but hang in there Babe we are almost done. I miss you so much and I can't wait to hold you. I LOVE and MISS YOU!!!